Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

15 September 2005

So tired...

I am so tired right now, but I wanted to post asap before I forgot all the stuff I wanted to say.

1. Phil Villareal was on the radio during my drive home. On the rap/hiphop station. I vaguely remember Emily saying something about him (she didn't like him?). I know he writes for the paper. I know he reviews movies. So I think he's the loser that reviews old favourites, like Top Gun or something like that. Anyways, I hope he's the guy that I'm thinking of because if so, I can see why Emily hates him. What a no-talent hack. Who lets him write, or even say, anything? He should not be allowed to express himself through neither written nor spoken language. Maybe I'm just spoiled by a.) Emily's movie reviews or b.) real movie reviewers, but I don't think so. I think it's just that he sucks. He was on the radio talking about what movies that are being released this week are good/bad. Basically, he's just like, "This movie's bad. Really bad. I can't believe it was even released. Synopsis of movie sans witty commentary." If you're a movie reviewer and you're just going to be like that, just give me some stars. Just say, "I give this movie 1 star, and I'm not allowed to express myself in neither written nor spoken language." Actually, just hold up a notecard with a star on it or something. Or maybe just become a computer programmer and get out of movie reviewing all together. I feel like I'm not expressing myself very well either...like I'm pulling a "Phil Villareal" here or something, but remember I'm tired (see above) AND I don't do this for money, like he presumably does.

2. The advertisements on university shuttles always provide something to think about for the passenger. I think a lot of times, whoever puts them there may be forgetting that once you put them there, other people can read them. That's the only excuse I can think of for some of them being up there, like, someone was like, "Hm...where can I store this piece of crap? On the shuttle?" Because if they really want someone to see these advertisements, they need to go back to advertising school or something. I know the "Pregnant? We Can Help" ads are necessary, and I even see the need for "Sell Back Your Textbooks to Us" ads. Since the beginning of this year though, there are what seem to be ads for the U of AZ on the shuttles. First of all, we all already go here. More importantly, though, if I didn't go to the U of A, I sure wouldn't be choosing this school based on THESE signs. "Before McDonalds. Before Burger King. Before Dairy Queen. BEFORE KRISPY KREME. There was the University of Arizona." Wow. I was going to get some fries, but after reading that, I think I'll go to college instead. Do they realize that they're not actually competing with these fast food chains? I think what they're trying to do is create nostalgia or something, but none of the students remember back that far anyways (cause they weren't born yet). All they succeed in doing with these ads is making fat people hungry and pissing ME off...and making me a little hungry...There's also evidence of the U of A's confusion as to whether or not they're competing with radios and colour television sets on another shuttle.

3. Preston, I found out yesterday, is being airlifted to Austin today. I was going to go visit him today, but I guess I'm not now. I'm sad, too, cause I really wanted to play Simpsons Life. I called him yesterday, and he didn't really seem too interested in talking to me, which also made me a little sad, but I hope he gets better and I hear from him soon. Meanwhile, it would be nice if his sister would email me back...

If any or all of my rantings don't seem to make sense to you, remember I'm tired. So just call me for clarification. Or just call me. I'm lonely.

Good thing for the day: Nap time is from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ...Oh crap I'm missing nap time!

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Phil Villarreal said...

You spelled my last name wrong, silly. It's Villarreal.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Sarizona said...

Dear Mr. Villarreal: I am SO sorry that you thought this post was about you. I can see how it would be confusing, as your name and the name of the individual to whom I was referring are very similar. However, I would like to issue a public apology for this really negative and snarky time in my life. I thought it was funny and appropriate at the time, but now I don't even remember why I was fake upset. This is not the first time my negative comments on this blog have come back to bite me because, truthfully, I wrote this blog thinking NO ONE would ever read it. And while that is basically true, somehow some people read (past tense), and I seem to come off mean and petty. I'm sure where ever Phil Villareal is, he is rocking at his job! Again, I'm truly sorry for the confusion, and I'm also sorry for the negativity. It was grad school though. I mean, grad school sucks right?

Sarizona

P.S. I'm sorry, grad school, I didn't mean it...ugh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home