Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

06 January 2006

New Year, Same (and New) Problems

Well, I'm still lazy. Too lazy to think of a resolution even. Oh well...I should really be cleaning, studying, or cleaning...or studying. Written comps are on Monday, and we're all meeting at Gene's (wooooo! Gene!!) to study. I can't wait to get there and be so unprepared that everyone thinks I'm a lazy slacker (which I am). I did get my closet squared away though. Nice. I have sooooo much crap. I am really going to throw a lot of stuff out tomorrow. Just throw it out. And not look back...I'm really going to miss all those empty boxes, plastic bags, and miscellaneous handled shopping bags (why did I save all that crap anyways?)...I also went through all my magazines and cut out anything (even vaguely) interesting to mail to J.Ray. I plan to get up early and do more stuff. Yeah.

I watched Vanity Fair. For the first half, I was like "why did Emily not like this?" I mean, what was wrong? Strong female character, lots of cool shades of red...? I really liked the main character, and so did everyone else in the movie. Everyone loved her! Especially the men, even though she wasn't a slut or anything. Awesome! Eventually everything unravels, which is fine, but come on! You gotta do it right. All of the sudden our strong, pretty female lead is groveling to her husband over little more than a misunderstanding. Then the movie gets worse. Characters just get killed off or put away somewhere. What's up with that. And those cool shade of red from earlier in the movie...they're still there...over and over and over. I like themes, but this was less of a theme and more like monotony. Whatever...

I also recently watched 40 Year Old Virgin, and although it wasn't my favourite movie of all time, it was aight. I always enjoy straight people arguing over who's gayer. That part was funny. (i.e. "You know how I know you're gay? You like Coldplay." "You know how I know you're gay? You have a rainbow bumper sticker on your car that says 'I like it when balls are in my face.'" HAHAHA...anyways)

Something else funny was when Brice said the word raucous, and I was like, "I never can pronounce that word." And he was like, "why? it's spelled r-o-u-c-k-o-u-s." HAHAHA! No it's not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home