Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

03 March 2006

Just woke up from a nap...watchin' Comedy Central


I was in the mood for stand-up comedy just now, so when Comedy Central announced that it was Friday night and they were doing stand-up comedy. OK! So I'm watching this comedian, Steve Byrne, and he's pretty funny (no Hot Pocket Jim Gaffigan, but whatever). First of all he's 1/2 Asian and 1/2 Irish, so he starts out by doing this thing about 1/2 Asian people and how no one ever knows what they are. He talks about how they ask where he's from...blah blah blah. We all know that this is true of 1/2 Asians. But the thing I noticed was that he was wearing a jean jacket with a patch of an American flag on one arm and a patch of a Korean flag and a patch of the Irish flag on the other arm. I though, what a good idea. I know quite a few people who are 1/2 Asian and have this same problem, but also they like jean jackets and patches, and I thought this might be an idea they would embrace. Just throwin' it out there...

Then he was talking about how his brother just got back from Iraq and how when people find out that fact, they always want to talk politics with him. Then he says he hates talking about politics because people get so passionate about it. So he offered some advice that I thought was funny which was this:

By doing the following 2 things, one can avoid the political conversation. First, say one sentence, which I will tell you in a second. And next, walk away. So if someone comes up and is like, "So are you for the war or against it??" You say, "Hey, last time I checked, this was America!" Then walk away. Hahahaha...I think that would work, really.

Anyways, he's still on t.v., so I'm going to go. I'll let you know if he says anything else really funny. FYI: He has a myspace profile. Neat.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. I was out with my half-Irish, half-Korean friend last night who was telling me about this guy but couldn't remember his name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home