Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

12 February 2006

Weekend O' Sloth



Yes, it was a slothy weekend for me. I watched 2 movies today: Team America and I Love You, I Love You Not. The first was mediocre. It's not really even worth talking about. The only vaguely interesting things were the songs. They were semi-funny. The puppet sex scene was totally disgusting. Like, totally. The second movie was this Claire Danes movie I had never heard about. It sounded interesting though. It's about Daisy and her relationship with her grandmother, who lived through the holocaust. Turns out the relationship was gross and disturbing. I really thought they were going to make out, like, 3 times during the movie. Jude Law was also in the movie, but he couldn't save it any more than Claire could. Everyone's acting actually sucked ass, but they really didn't have much to work with because the characters sucked even more ass. Jude Law's character, the popular guy in school, decides that Claire's character, the loner girl with the weird relationship with her grandmother, is intriguing. They start dating, and, of course, all the popular kids start making fun of Jude for going out with the weird girl. Then there's some unnecessary-to-the-plot-line antisemitism in the school. Then Jude starts having doubts about their relationship because of his friends, which is lame. However in his defense, Claire is a gigantic toolbox, the place where tools come from. Watching her made me embarassed of being a female. In order to truly feel my pain, I guess you'd have to watch the movie. BUT I'm going to have to advise against that.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm watching it now...on a tiny island far far away from US. I've been wondering if it's my problem to get confused by the interactions of these characters. Is it because I'm not familiar with US thinking style!? After reading your post, I feel much better that even US resident see this movie weird! Ya...it sucks ass....I gonna change my channel to ENVY by Ben Stiller & Jack Black (Well, seems another suck-ass movie...:P)

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update note: Just read the tagling to this movie: An Unforgetable Journey of Discovery. Not true. I totally had to reread my post so that I knew what the commenter was talking about. Even then, I only vaguely remember this movie. Apparently, it sucked ass...

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meant tagline, but you knew that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home