Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

20 July 2007

My Rattlesnake...

Apparently, Guadalupe is going through an agressive phase. All last week she was very bitey. She was full of mousey-goodness, so I know she wasn't hungry. I really thought Melissa had molested her while I was gone. I think it was just hot, though. Either that, or Melissa molested her while I was gone. Whatever. Anyways, after she had digested her food, she became re-docilized and spent most of her energy cruising her tank looking for something to eat (been there). Last night I went to feed her though, and...wait until you hear this...she rattled at me! Yeah, rattled. Her tail. Really loud and fast. She was really hungry cause it's been about 11 days since her last meal (but 4 days since she digested her last meal), and she was scarfing down that mouse. She made some sort of weird noise, or rather, the mouse did as air was being pushed out of it by her snake muscles, so I looked over the top of the box. As I did this, she started rattling like mad!! She continued it through the remainder of her feeding. Then when she was done, she both rattled and struck out at me. What a B! I had to give her some time to cool off before I put her back in her home. It was crazy! My crazy Rattlecorn.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger JRRyan said...

that's mah girl!!!!!! Snake, rattle, and...oh I'll stop...I won't be "corn-y" about serious things like mother/daughter issues...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home