Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

05 December 2006

Oh Snow, How I Love Thee...Go Pats!!!

Yesterday at work, Dawn was looking out the window longingly and sighed, "Oh, I wanted it to snow..." And I thought to myself, "Hm, well, I know it's December and all, but it really has been too unseasonably warm to expect snow...ok Dawn..." I guess this illustrates the difference between me and someone who actually watches the news/weather reports. Although we received no precipitation yesterday, I was greeted with the prettiest wintery scene as I made my way to my car. I was thinking, "Wow, and it's not even enough snow to make me have to clean off my car or worry about driving conditions." Well, I was half right. I guess the Department of Keeping-the-Roads-Safe-So-Sarah-Doesn't-Die-on-Her-Way-to-Work was as clueless as I was re: the weather forecast. While it was true that there was not enough snow on the roads to plow, it was super slippery and desperately in need of some kind of salt/sand mixture. I saw ZERO road sander/salters throughout my whole 45 min drive to NoHo this morning. (It's a damn good thing I didn't leave at the last possible second as always because the 1/2 hr I usually give myself would not have sufficed.) I had my fair share of "Geez, these brakes are more of a hinderance than a help" and "I thought this was a gentle curve!!" moments this morning, believe me. So I somehow made it to work safely and on time, but it didn't matter because the building had no power/phones. Well, I can't do my job without power, that's for sure. (Personal day?) The four of us office personnel stood around discussing the best plan of action, and Jamie and I decided we were going to get some breakfast. We were all going to reconvene at noon to reassess the situation. My stomach was thrilled (Stomach: "Me so hungy!"). Suddenly, the emergency lights went off. Well, we all know what that means. Actually, we didn't at first, but now I know that that means the power's back. Sigh. (Personal day???) Ugh. It's not that I mind working; I really like it, in fact. However, this office is so dead, and I fear it will be even worse with the weather conditions and all. Also, I took a peek at the doctor's schedule, and it's not even full. Half-full ENT schedule - nose/throat patients = 3 audios all day (if I'm lucky). Boo. Guess I'll continue to hone my boggle/scrabble/cribbage/etc skills today.

P.S. In my blinding hunger, I frantically scoured the land (read: office) for any signs of food. In my haste, I decided on broccoli and cheese cup-a-soup. Not recommended, FYI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home