Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

22 September 2005

Bailando con Las Estrellas...

Yeah I know, two posts in one day...but I just had to post about the Dancing with the Stars: The Dance-Off. Emily didn't seem too excited about it, so I didn't want to waste any energy taping it if she didn't care. So anyways, the show is back briefly before the 2nd season, and I really enjoy watching it. But if it wasn't for the dancing, there's no way in hell I would be singing the praises of this show. Holy crap. Everything else about it sucks! I don't know where they found the brain-dead host and hostess for this show. It must have been a budget issue, but still. I think maybe they should switch places with the camera people because, honestly, I don't see how that switch could end badly. Worst case scenario, they all still suck. What the hell is it with everyone that works on this show? The hosts are idiots, the camera people are busy shooting the spotlights in the ceiling, and the wardrobe people shop at Rave. Nothing has gotten better since the show ended. That damn Lisa Canning is still asking questions that she doesn't let people answer, and now even the announcer either can't read or doesn't have a script. And all he has to say is, "This is Dancing with the Stars!" It comes out, "This is uh, Dancing with the Stars?" Not that bad, but almost. Plus I think the producers make the stars say things on purpose. Like, the damn Lisa Canning asked John how important it was that he won and he was like, "Oh, I just love dancing. I would come back and do this everyday; it's so fun!" Then she asked him again later in the show, and he was like, "So important!! I don't know why this is so important to me, but I think about how I was robbed, like, everyday!!" Ugh.

As for the dancing: it's such a fun show to watch. I can really get into anything that I can lend a critical eye to and pretend I'm an expert in such an area. Afterall, my best friend WAS a ballroom dance instructor for, like, almost a whole year...The first round was Latin dancing. Kelly did better than John. She danced the cha-cha, which I love, and he did the rumba, which never really impresses me anyways. Then for the smooth dances she did the quickstep and he did the waltz, and he really blew her away. The judges thought so too because they finally gave him his perfect score that he had so deserved many times (hey if they gave one to Kelly for that trainwreck last time...) Then there was a freestyle round, which sucked out for both. For this show though, the judges scores did not count, only phone call voting counted. Tonight was the results show, which was interesting because it put a lot in perspective. And by "a lot" I mean ballroom dancing. They had Alec and Edyta dance together, and Charlotte danced with the national champion or something, and wow...Professional dancers are soooooo much better than amateurs. I know it's obvious, but if you've just been watching amateurs for so long, you kind of forget. It was amazing how everything looked perfect when the professionals did it. Anyways, I guess the votes were really close, like only 1% apart, but John won.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger JRRyan said...

I really enjoyed this post. 2 kudos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home