Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

26 October 2005

Allergies are still running my life...

I thought they'd be gone since I got back from NE, like, 2 days ago...It's still pretty bad though. As I've said many times before, I can deal with the constant nose-blowing, but when my lungs close up, I get soooo pissed. Why should that happen ever? I mean, come on Immune System...what is the point of that?

The trip itself was ok. I didn't get to do any combining, which was both good and bad. I wanted to see what it was like, considering the combine has 2 seats. That would be a welcomed change from sitting on an armrest in a tractor for hours. On the bright side, I didn't have to spend my days sitting on my ass in a combine going back and forth down the field. Instead, I got to sit on my ass in the dander-infested house. AND I got Brice to watch the entire 1st season of Scrubs! Woo hoo! My favourite line from any episode goes something like this: "What? Too frank? Yeah, that's my problem. Maybe that's why my mom pushed me down the stairs. She is fat though...AND boring..." Hahahahaha Whilst in Nebraska, I convinced my boyfriend to take me to the Olive Garden. Being that I was on vacation and not a slave to my diet, I thought I would indulge on the never-ending pasta bowl thing they have going there. Well guess what. They don't have that going on there anymore. A-Holes. They should just have that all the time. What's the big freaking deal? I'm sure it's a money maker. Whatever. The meal was sure better than the next night's meal of bowling alley food. I also made Brice a belated b-day cake while I was there. It was funfetti, and therefore awesome. His mom made taco salad the last day I was there. She made a meatless one for me, which was nice, but I will never understand how lettuce as the only vegetable constitutes any type of "salad." It was still aight, but I think she used the damn mango salsa after I explained to everyone how mangoes make me nauseated. Whatever. It made me want to make taco salad of my own, and Greg and Elka are having a barbeque, so I just might do it then. OH! Possibly the best part of the trip was the first plane ride there, when I met my new friend (who I will call tomorrow, I swear), Mary. She's just moved to Tucson recently to work at Raytheon. She has no friends yet, and she seemed really nice...score...She was going to visit her boyfriend in Michigan. She had only been dating him for a while when she got the job offer down here and didn't sacrifice her opportunity for some guy. I like her already. When she found out that I was going to visit my super-long-distance boyfriend, she said, "Oh it looks like you should be reading this book, too." The book was entitled, Be Honest-You're Not That Into Him Either. Maybe I will check that out. Hahaha

Monday I got my genetics test back that I totally bombed. Big time. I'm meeting with the professor (aptly named Dr. Meaney) to discuss what, if anything, I can do about my grade. Today I had class and then work. Then I had to meet with my group re: our presentation on Thursday. I haven't done anything on the project yet. I'm saving that for, you guessed it, the last minute. What? It's just a stupid speech class.

I watched National Treasure yesterday, and it seemed like a kid's movie. The dialogue and content were really juvenile. I thought that if I were just about 10 years younger, I would have enjoyed it more, but it was aight. Way better than Dumb and Dumberer, which I tried to watch tonight and fell asleep. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I like the first one...Tomorrow I will watch my 3rd Netflix movie, Lolita. Or maybe Thursday or Friday.

Erin asked me to go to the thing at Old Tucson Studios on Thursday with Mario and her friend Meg (and I'm assuming Azer). I think I'll call Mary and ask her if she wants to go...or Paola...I haven't talked to her in a while. Being a 3rd wheel is bad enough, but being a 5th wheel. Argh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home