Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

07 October 2005

Ugh...movies...

I've been seeing commercials for The Greatest Game Ever Played, and it's getting ridiculous. At first I thought, "Oh finally! A movie about badminton!" But then I found that it wasn't about badminton, or even Scrabble. It's about freakin' golf!?!?! Right. Like we need another crappy golf movie. It's been done, People. The Legend of Bagger Vance, Happy Gilmore (not crappy, but about golf), Tin Cup, Caddyshacks 1 through 20...No one freakin' even likes golf. Who wants to watch movies about it? Apparently enough people that they keep making them. I know of more golf movies than I know actual people who like golf...

I've been reading Rilla of Ingleside. I like it once you get past the first 2 chapters. The other characters, besides Loser Susan, are awesome. Especially that Debbie Downer-like Cousin Sophia. Like the part where Rilla is going to her first party/dance and she goes down to show them her dress and she's all excited...Here are a few good Cousin Sophia quotes from that scene:

"'Is your hair all your own?' 'Of course it is,' cried Rilla indignantly. 'Ah, well!' Cousin Sophia sighed. 'It might be better for you if it wasn't! Such a lot of hair takes from a person's strength. It's a sign of consumption, I've heard. Well, I never held with dancing. I knew a girl once who dropped dead while she was dancing. How any one could ever dance again after a judgment like that I cannot comprehend.'"

"'I knew of a boat load of young folks who went sailing on that harbour forty years ago just such a night as this--just exactly a night as this,' said Cousin Sophia lugubriously, 'and they were upset and drowned--every last one of them. I hope nothing like that'll happen to you tonight.'"

"'It reminds me of a dress I wore when I was a girl...I tore a big hole in it and someone spilled a cup of tea all over it. Ruined it completely. But I hope nothing will happen to your dress."
Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery

By the way...here's a Debbie Downer quote I can remember from the last episode of SNL:

"Wake up. The Corn Belt is now the Chrystal Meth Belt." HAHAHA

("Guess who's in bed together...North Korea and Nukes." HAHAHAHA)

Off to reading...

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger JRRyan said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you like it! It's the best one, aside from the first one--but the first one isn't as historically badass...and you'll like Rilla more than Anne anyways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home