Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

05 October 2005

Life Organized Though My Desk Is Not

I feel like I've gotten a lot done in the past couple of days. I had 2 assignments due, both of which I completed on time. Also, neither turned out crappy (in my opinion). Amber came over on Sunday afternoon to do school stuff and hang out. She took my Pharm book home with her by accident, but returned it the next morning. She had it for a total of maybe 12 hours, and it was ripped by the time I got it back. It wasn't too bad, and she fixed it. It's just funny that she ruins everyone else's books. She really did a number on Jon's Pharm book when she was reading it by a pool...

Monday I got my damn VA orientation done. Some of it anyways. I was told that, due to my extremely limited schedule of free time, I would only need to complete the Monday, 7:30 a.-freakin-m. to 11 a.m. portion of orientation. When I got there (20 min. late...what 7:30 a.m.? wtf? ok, ok, sorry U.S. govt., don't kill me), everyone was still signing in. Luckily, there were, like, a ton of people there, so my tardiness went undetected (damn right, I'll come when I'm damn well ready, ha!). Of course since I had to get up very, very, very early, I was wearing whatever the hell I could find whilst sleepwalking, my hair was an unblowdryed-frizzy-still-half-wet mess, my makeup was nonexistent, and I was frazzled because I was way more than fashionably late. So imagine my horror when I got in the door and realized that it was Picture Day. F! I'm thinking this picture's gonna be on a badge that I will be wearing on my person for people to look at on a regular basis. I could just imagine. Also, I'm thinking that I'll bet that picture of the president that's hanging everywhere was probably retaken as many times as G.W. wanted, but I'll bet they won't do the same for my with my badge picture. So imagine my opposite-of-horror when they didn't have enough time to take my picture because orientation had to start a.s.a.p. Sweeeeeeeeet!!! As for orientation itself, those HR people really take their stupid job seriously. Their jobs epitomize bureaucratic nonsense. Orientation consisted solely of filling out a series of stupid, redundant forms in a classroom setting. It was super gay. Especially because I know I could have filled out those forms by myself with minimal problems. I know because I did just that, as I was not following along with the Form-Filling-Out Program. Also, they all got really pissed when I told them that I couldn't stay for the rest of the day, nor could I come back every day for the rest of the orientation process. Come on, a week of orientation all day, every day. That's excessive. Even for the federal government. The thing that pissed me off the most is that they have my salary as, like, $20k/year, not to exceed 350 hours. So I'm only actually making $3500, but I'm getting taxed as if I'm making $20k. That seems very wrong to me, and bad. It seems like I'm getting screwed somehow. I'll have to ask someone though because I don't know taxes...Maybe they'll give it all back to me in the end. Well, whatever, when I talked to the guy I originally talked to in HR, he said it wasn't a problem that I couldn't stay for orientation and that we'll get it all figured out eventually. I forgot to bring my bank acct. information though to get my MANDATORY direct deposit all set up. Oops...

So after that, I had class all day on Monday. When I got home, I had an article review to do that I hadn't even started yet. I hadn't even read the article, of course. So upon arriving at my domicile, I promptly took a nap. Then I turned on the t.v. to see what was on. And guess what was on...The Karate Kid. Awesome. Watched that. Then Stand By Me was on. Well, it seemed like as good a time as any to give that movie another try. I had attempted to watch the Netflixed version of the movie, but I couldn't get into it at all. Now, I don't know if it's because of the fact that I wasn't sleeping during the movie or the fact that I had something else that I should have been doing, but this movie was way better than the last time I tried watching it. I am the queen of procrastination. To watch a movie I did not like the first time around just to not do work. Wow, that impresses me. Good thing I did though, otherwise I'd still be thinking that movie sucked. I was really into the train part. If that was suspense at its finest, I don't know what is. I did eventually finish my assignment, and it turned out good, I think. Turns out the test-retest reliability of the SCAN sucks. Hm...

Today I had class at 8 a.m. I got there on time today! Woo hoo! Then I worked all day. Then Erin came over to study for our Pharm test tomorrow. We quizzed eachother and found out that we were the smartest girls in the world. So we decided to watch Awakenings, which is totally Pharmacology related, so it was a continuation of our studying...and son of a vondrook if I didn't fall asleep in the middle of it! I am so awful. I am always falling asleep watching movies with Erin. Am I the rudest girl in the world or what? It's like, "Hey want to come over and watch a movie by yourself while I sleep?" Ugh...I tried so hard to stay awake too, and the movie wasn't bad or anything. I was just sooooo tired. Oh well...better luck next time...I really do feel like a complete arse though.

Then I passed out on my bed for hours and hours (like 4), and woke up to write this B-Log. I should go to sleep soon though because, even though it's my late day tomorrow, 4 a.m. is pretty late to still be awake on a school night of any kind...

Wow, long post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home