Tucson, Sarizona

I am so great! I am so great! Everybody loves me! I am so great!

17 June 2006

Boob Pass...

This is the best picture I could find online...it barely looks like boobs at all from this angle...ugh...But trust me, when you're driving up to it, it looks just like boobs. That's why we've dubbed it "Boob Pass."




Since I have less than a week left in Tucson, I figured I should soak up as much of the area as possible, hence the sunburn...So I thought I would go watch the sunset at Boob Pass today. Unfortunately, the damn sunset took too long, so I left. But I did sit there and take in as much desert as I could stand. Before I headed up there, I dropped off some clothes at the Salvation Army, and I mailed some bills. There went the last of my money...seriously, I'm F-ed in terms of my credit card bills, which I have yet to pay. Hm.

Recently I saw Eulogy, which is an outstanding movie. I recommend it. I even recommended it before I saw the whole thing. I started watching it on the plane on the way home to CT (on my portable dvd player...yessss!), and I had to stop it as soon as the little boy called his lesbian aunt and her girlfriend "vageniuses" so that I could finish watching it with Emily. I don't know how I found the movie on Netflix because I had never heard of it before. I think probably they recommended it to me based on my other likings. They actually did a good job this time. Normally, they recommend based on the weirdest stuff. Like, they're like "Oh, you like Family Guy?! You must like Bananas in Pajamas too 'cause they're both cartoons." Well, I guess that's a bad example because Bananas in Pajamas rocks, but you get the picture, probably.






















Another movie that I wanted to discuss is The Devil Wears Prada. I've been seeing a lot of commercials for it on t.v., and before anyone decided that it looked like a good story, I just wanted to mention that it's not. J. Ray and I attempted to listen to it on cd on our 2nd (?) roadtrip, and we couldn't even finish it. The following dialogue (that I made up) paraphrases the book (and movie too, I'm assuming):

Boss: "Girl-who-works-for-me, do this thing for me now."
Girl: "Um, uh, hm, how do I do that thing? I'm stupid."
Boss: "Ugh."
Girl in narration: "My boss is such a bitch!!!"

After what seemed like an eternity of that, we stopped listening to it. I guess I don't know how it ends. Maybe the ending makes it better, though I can't imagine how. The other problem with the book in cd form is that Rachel Lee Cook's incessant droning reallllllly get's on one's nerves. She's not in the movie though, so...that's...something...

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger JRRyan said...

hahahaha your dialogue was LOL funny but it made me sad that everyone has hard-ons about something that is NO LIE so lame...poor sheepy peoples...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home